Join us for a Mass of Healing (Anointing of the Sick)
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 4:30 pm
Sunday, November 12, 2018 at 8:30 am, 10:00 am, and 12:00 noon
Who could be Anointed?
“The Letter of James states that the sick are to be anointed in order to raise them up and save them.” ~ Pastoral Care of the Sick
A person could be anointed:
- Before surgery;
- If health is impaired by sickness or old age;
- If the illness has become more serious;
- If he or she recovers and then falls ill again;
- If there is a notable weakness even though no serious illness is present;
- If there is a chronic illness, such as: COPD, depression, diabetes, rheumatism, sever arthritis, etc.;
- Even a sick child, over the age of seven.